Employee Wellness Ideas to Boost Productivity in the Workplace
In our previous blog, “Building a ‘Culture of Meaning’ for Your Employees,” we highlighted the importance of defining the ‘why’ of your business and the role your employees play in a positive company culture. In this blog we’ll discuss the importance of employee wellness programs as well as discuss some easy ideas you can implement at your workplace.
Employee Wellness Ideas
Employee wellness plans serve many purposes such as boosting productivity, decreasing employee turnover and helping to attract top talent in your industry. Encouraging fun and overall wellbeing ensures that your employees stay engaged and stick to your core company values. The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) lists five reasons for investing in employee wellness programs:
- Lower Health Costs
- Increased Productivity
- Improved Health and Wellbeing
- Positive Behavioral Changes
- Tax Incentives for Small Business
Below, we’ve listed some easy, and cost efficient, Employee Wellness Ideas that you can implement at your business today!
- Post Company Values and Mission Statement: helps to instill a sense of purpose to daily work, leading to positive moods and active employee engagement.
- Provide Healthy Office Snacks: proven to improve employee mood and boost energy.
- Publish Wellness Newsletter: helps to introduce new health and wellness ideas in the workplace by highlighting the latest in fitness, nutrition and other content.
- Pet Friendly Office: reduces stress and increases communication with employees.
- Dress Code: ditching the heels, dresses, suits and ties reportedly helps employees relax and be more productive.
- Sponsored Lunches and Happy Hours: treating employees to a company sponsored lunch or happy hour rewards employees for a job well done while promoting team bonding.
- Flexible Paid Time Off: allows employees to take necessary breaks and vacations to help unwind.
- Volunteering: give employees an allotted amount of time each month to volunteer during work hours to promote community accomplishment and bonding with team members.
- Standing Desks: offering adjustable standing desks promotes optimal health benefits.
- On-Site Chair Massage: proven to reduce stress and blood pressure, while increasing productivity, focus and relaxation.
- Join a Sports League: offer to sponsor a team for a local softball or dodgeball league to promote activity and team bonding.
If you’re struggling to find the right Employee Wellness Program for your business, contact one of our Human Resources specialists today to build a plan that best fits your company culture.